Title: Pilot Counterfactual Impact Evaluation of the OP HRE, measure 1.1
Název: Pilotní Counterfactual Impact Evaluation OP LZZ, oblast podpory (Czech version)
Implementer: Faculty of Business Administration,
Project objective: To realize Counterfactual Impact Evaluation of the OP HRE measure 1.1 and to disseminate the knowledge about this method among evaluation community.
The Operational Programme Human Resources and Employment (OP HRE) in its measure 1.1 is oriented to business assistance in the field of human resources development. There have been assisted thousands of Czech firms.
The objective of the project is to conduct of a rigorous application of counterfactual impact evaluation (CIE) to answer the following questions:
- What was the actual causal effect/impact of the intervention on assisted projects from OP HRE 1.1 in comparison with the counterfactual situation without the intervention? What was the effect/impact on the competitiveness of companies (e.g.: growth in sales and profit), business investments in employee training, staff turnover, business growth expressed as newly created jobs.
- Are there any significant differences in effect on some groups of supported enterprises? If so, what?
- What is the mechanism of effect of the call on supported company? Why intervention is (not) work?
The project is not only about implementation of the counterfactual analysis, but also about processing this pilot evaluation as a case study for evaluation community in the Czech Republic. Then, it helps to identify areas of intervention of EU funds suitable for application of the CIE in the Czech Republic.
Outputs: The main outputs of the project are (active links provide more detailed information):
- Workshop on methodology and design of the evaluation;
- The inception report;
- Workshop on the approach of data collection;
- The first interim report Annex n. 1, Progress Report No. 1, Executive Summary;
- Workshop on the first interim report;
- Paper on an evaluation (in English);
- The second interim report Progress Report No. 2, Annex 1 – Employment, Annex 2 – Sales, Annex 3 – Profit, Annex 4 – HR investments;
- Workshop on the second interim report;
- The final report;
- Workshop before the final report;
- Paper on an evaluation (in English);
- Interim reports about the progress of the project (Flash Reports);
- Lecture of Alberto Martini (Prova) on the topic of CIE at Prague University of Economics and Business
Beginning of the implementation: 3. 5. 2011
End of the implementation: 31. 12. 2013
Title: Impact of EU Cohesion Policy in Central Europe: Challenges for Future
Implementer: Faculty of Business Administration, Department of Management
- IREAS, Institute for Structural Policy (Czech Republic)
- Matej Bel University Bánská Bystrica (Slovakia)
- Slovak Governance Institute (Slovakia)
- University of Miskolc, Faculty of Economics, Institute of World and Regional Economics (Hungary)
- University of Leipzig, Centre for International Economics (Germany)
- Wroclaw University of Economics (Poland)
Main Project Objective: To evaluate impact of EU Cohesion Policy in Visegrad countries.
The main objective of the project was to evaluate and discuss the impacts of EU Cohesion Policy on Small and Medium Enterprises and Non-governmental organizations in Central Europe. The team had analyzed key documents and made several investigation of this issue. Lessons learned were presented at the conference and are also included in the publication Impact of EU Cohesion Policy in Central Europe.
The project has succeeded in creating partnership among organizations in Visegrad countries. The partner organizations are from the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland and Germany. As a result, there had been included all the Visegrad countries in the project. The team benefited also from cooperation with the German partner.
The project helped to create an international scientific platform, composed of organizations dealing with impact of EU Cohesion policy. Experience and findings had been exchanged among partner organizations. The team informed public with its results during a conference.
Beginning of the implementation: 1. 1. 2010
End of the implementation: 31. 12. 2010
This Project is funded by International Visegrad Fund, Konrad – Adenauer – Stiftung, Czech – Polish Forum
Tento projekt byl financován z prostředků Mezinárodního Visegradského fondu, Česko-polského fóra a Konrad – Adenauer – Stiftung